Summary Job Description
Globally manages the life cycle of the Shaped Charges product line. The responsibilities focus on global and regional product line revenue, margins and growth. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products and researching, analyzing and implementing changes in products. Sets R&D priorities to develop new products from existing ideas and helps to develop new ideas based on industry experience and contact with customers and prospects. Develops and organizes the product strategy, technical product development, product and field marketing and sales training and support.
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience, including a minimum of 2 years in sales or marketing management positions
- Solid background in Shaped Charge technology, preferred
- Experience in global and regional product line revenue and margin management
- Experienced in B2B marketing with a solid understanding of the life cycle of a product from inception through launch to retirement
- Experienced in developing and maintaining marketing strategies
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Experienced in product management
- Experienced in customer relationship
- Possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy to contribute to a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality
- Above average verbal, written and presentation skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Technical, analytical and creative
- Organizational talent
- Willingness and ability to travel globally and work in a global team of professionals
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and execute the entire product line life cycle supporting business objectives from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Continuously reviews and optimizes product profitability and sets global and regional pricing in cooperation with regional sales managers. Is responsible for global and regional product line P&L
- Develop and drive a long term global product road map based on market needs and company strategy
- Work with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and potentials
- Produce annual marketing plan for the product line
- Develop and implement a global go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute. Set new product implementation schedule
- Work with sales and marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer
- Conducts training sessions for sales personnel to understand existing and new product technology
- Conducts training sessions for R&D, engineering, manufacturing and marketing personnel to convey field requirements and competitor technologies
- Coordinates communications activities including tradeshows, literature, print, public relations, sales force training, etc
- Ensures alignment of product and brand strategies with Corporate brand strategy
- Works with all functional areas such as engineering, manufacturing, sales and marketing to drive successful product launches and growth
- Works with engineering, marketing, R&D and other product managers to ensure effective prioritization
- Analyze potential partner relationships for the product.
- Coordinates objectives and approvals with the management team
- Leads market analysis and reports on market trends, competitors, industry trends
- Works with sales organization to set and implement distribution channel strategy
- Control expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Installs a core culture built on ethics, transparency and entrepreneurship, associated with a sense of urgency.
- Ensures that relevant company internal, local, EU, US and international laws and regulations are respected and that Safety and Security of the employees, the environment and the physical assets of the company remain a primary element underlying operations.
- Where applicable leads a team of product line managers/teams
- This is an Exempt position.
- The application closing date for this position is 04/18/2019.
- Both a cover letter and resume must be submitted to be considered for this position. Please use the following link to send these documents to the hiring representative.
DMC values diversity of culture and thought and seeks talented, qualified employees in all its operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification under country or local law. DMC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer