Summary Job Description
The Marketing Specialist will assist the product management team in the development of thoughtful marketing strategies with full ownership in the ideation and execution of supporting marketing initiatives. This includes the development of content, digital marketing, print and online graphic design, product datasheets, white papers, presentations and website management.
- Responsible for the design of print and digital promotional materials including posters, brochures, video, social media, etc.
- Ensure designs and messaging are consistent across global communications and are developed in accordance with brand and corporate guidelines
- Work proactively with product line managers on product launch and marketing activities
- Manages tradeshow logistics, develops marcom, and/ or customer hospitality events held in conjunction with tradeshows. Attends trade shows as needed.
- Drive customer engagement through SEO, social media, email campaigns, and CRM management
- Responsible for measuring ROI on lead-generation activities from marketing events and digital marketing campaigns.
- Creates reports on website metrics and other digital events, provides and implements recommendations for improvement
- Writes and distributes newsletters, news releases, by-lined articles, blog posts, product announcements and supports and generates earned editorial placements in targeted online and print trade publications.
- Works with vendor partners as needed in the development of advertising and marketing campaigns
- Coordinates photo/video production, including scripting, shot lists and details for customer testimonials, product highlights and other videos.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel required (5-10%) to support sales at trades shows / conferences.
- Ability to handle a high degree of customer and influencer contact.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with employees, customers, vendors and other related business associates as groups or individuals
- Exceptional writing, editing and oral communication skills.
- Experience developing web content and using web content management tool.
- Proficiency in social media, email marketing and other digital marketing tactics.
- Takes initiative and works well independently.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Proven ability to work in a global team of professionals
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Marketing with emphasis in Communications or related field is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a sales/marketing environment; preferably in a B2B technology and product-focused organization
- Global marketing communication experience, specifically in strategic messaging and digital media is preferred
- Familiarity with Sitecore or CMS platform
- Experience with Salesforce-Pardot integration platform
- Basic understanding of SEO, SEM, Google Analytics, Adwords and digital programming
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom) is preferred