Summary Job Description:
The ideal candidate will be able to execute goals and plans without clear directions on how it should be done. You will be able to operate at a high-level, sometimes interacting with leadership at DMC, and be able to roll-up your sleeves within the Salesforce application. Communication and facilitation skills, as well as a pro-active bias towards results are all keys to being successful in this role. You will bring the right mix of communication skills, flexibility and ability to self-direct your work, along with the knowledge and experience to work on multiple aspects of a global Salesforce system. You are willing to stretch yourself and are curious to learn different process areas outside of your area of expertise. You will partner with the team in Boulder and with the business to manage priorities.
This position reports directly to the CRM Application Manager and will be part of the global IT team at DMC.
Salesforce Application Lifecycle Management: Responsible as the key interface between the business team and possibly contractors to communicate requirements for all enhancements to the Salesforce system for our DynaEnergetics and NobelClad Business Units. Partner with our business units to develop and implement the best approach to deliver value from our existing Salesforce investments. Prioritize multiple business requests and gain consensus among key stakeholders.
Salesforce Business Process Improvement: As part of maintaining DMC’s Global Salesforce rollout, work closely with the business to understand and document current Salesforce business processes, identify options for new business processes, and facilitate discussions on capturing business requirements. Based on your expertise, knowledge of best practices, or experience with actual implementations, identify the best Salesforce business processes to address their requirements. For those areas outside of your area of expertise, work closely with external consultants, document business requirements, evaluate proposed solutions, test changes, document business process changes and train end-users. As needed, communicate status, progress and issues on a regular basis to Management and other stakeholders.
Salesforce Administration, Setup, and Troubleshooting: You will be required to perform basic Salesforce setup and configuration and/or troubleshoot Salesforce issues, including basic triage of issues to determine the best course of action to resolve.
- Undergraduate degree in business or technical discipline.
- At least 3 years of varied IT, CRM, and Business Process experience.
- Experience with at least one enterprise CRM solution, preferably salesforce, with strong business process acumen and knowledge of CRM business processes. Salesforce admin certification a major plus but not required as DMC will provide Salesforce vendor training as necessary.
- Ability to write basic SQL queries.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum software development processes.
- Experience in international business and cross-cultural issues and communication challenges.
- Developed analytical, problem solving, and conceptual skills.
- Ability to combine technical competence with business and commercial awareness and have a systematic and disciplined approach to problem solving.
- Ability to recognize impacts of changes and ensures appropriate due diligence is performed before making changes (impact to testing, project budget and timeline, change management, training, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – must be able to present project status and plans to all stakeholders – from executives to project core team members. Strong attention to detail and ability to create and deliver professional looking, high-quality, executive-level presentations.
- Ability to learn and assimilate knowledge of DMC’s business units, including technology, global business operations and processes, business risks, and technology needs and constraints.
Travel: Ability to travel up to 25% to other DMC US/Canada and international offices in Europe.